Sunday, September 6, 2009

Christmas Tree Cake

For my final in my cake decorating class, since we were nearing Christmas time, my brother gave me the suggestion of doing a 3 dimensional Christmas tree and this is my final product.

We worked on these finals for a couple weeks, with Thanksgiving break breaking up our time, so I chose to work with rice crispy cakes. It is a four layer cake, one for the trunk and the other three make up the rest of the tree.
In this cake I used all the different mediums that we worked with during our class. The trunk, border of the tree skirt, garlands, and texture on the angel's dress were buttercream. Most of the angel and the tree skirt were made from fondant. All of the needles, bows, snoflakes, and the angel's wings were made from royal icing.
And here is the final product. I really like how it turned out overall. There was some great texture in the needles of the tree and the decorations turned out pretty well also.




0 comments:

Post a Comment