Sunday, September 13, 2009

Wedding Cake

On August 1, my Uncle got married. In about April we were discussing their wedding plans, and Aunt Janet described what she wanted in a wedding cake. I told her that sounded pretty simple and she asked if I'd like to do the cake. The wedding was about four days after I got home from school, so it was a little crazy and I was very busy.

The cake was a three tiered white square cake. The top and bottom tier were filled with strawberry cream and the middle layer was a vanilla filling. The cakes were frosted with vanilla buttercream and then covered in a white fondant.

On top, we did evenly spaced dots in sets of three and green ribbon around each layer. Finally we placed a small arrangement of white roses on top. I really liked how smooth the fondant turned out and the dots were nice and even.

0 comments:

Post a Comment