Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Little Bit o' Bling!

After years of tangled necklaces and mismatched earings, I finally decided I could make something to keep me from loosing my sanity. :)

It started with just necklaces.  I took a piece of canvas and covered it in a green polka dot fabric.  I also covered a small metal sheet with some fabric and glued it onto the canvas.  I thought I could use it to leave notes or thoughts on there.  I then screwed in hooks on the bottom of the canvas.  (Just a tip, use a drill to make the holes!  I spent way too long and got way too many blisters trying to screw them in by hand.)


I really liked it and realized that with the necklace issue fixed, I realized how hard it was to find my earings so I spent days trying to figure out how to organize them.  Finally, this morning, I realized that some chains would work perfectly, a way to hook in the earings easily and be able to quickly remove them.


That's it!  I added some words to make it even more fun.  Finally a cute solution to all my jewelry problems. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment